How to Apply for a Form CR 12 in Kenya – A CR 12 is an official and legal confirmation by the Registrar of Companies as to whom the directors/ shareholders of a company are. It is usually signed off by the Registrar and confirms that the company’s records exist at the company registry.
Form CR 12 highlights the following details:
- List of Directors and their postal address.
- List of the shareholders, postal address and respective shareholding.
- The registered office of the company
- Any debentures, charges, and encumbrances registered against the company.
A Form CR 12 is mandatory when opening a bank account, securing a bank loan, applying for tenders, AGPO and trying to sell or transfer properties using your company. Here are some other instances when you need to apply for it.
- After incorporation of a company
- After filing annual returns
- After making any changes in the shareholding and directorship of the company.
- After increasing /decreasing the share capital of the company.
The application takes about 3-5 days to process and might be longer for older companies since they are currently only available on manual search.
Required documents to process a Form CR 12:
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Latest Annual Returns ( if any)
One can apply for a Form CR 12 under the following conditions:
- After a company has been incorporated.
- After annual returns have been filed.
- Changes have been made to the company shareholding.
- Changes are made to the directorship of the company.
- After the company records an increase/ decrease in the share capital.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Form Cr12 online:
- Create an account on e-citizen if you haven’t already. If you have an account, log in using your credentials.
- Select the Business Registration Service option.
- Click on make application and select option 10 which is official search( 3rd party applications).
- Select view more.
- A pop–up message with more instructions and points to note will appear. After you have carefully gone over them, click on Apply now.
- Enter the Business name or the Business Registration Number then select search to proceed.
- Once the name appears, select it and then click on next to enter the postal address and the postal code of the business. Save then continue.
- Proceed to pay for the service and click complete once payment is done.
- The Registry will process the request within a week or longer depending on the age of the company.
We are more than happy to offer our assistance in making an application for you to obtain the Form CR 12. Contact us Today